This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

BUG Bones get moved to the comp center

Duduf

Re: BUG Bones get moved to the comp center

Post by Duduf » Thu May 25, 2017 1:59 pm

When using the puppet tool on shape layers, it is always better to precompose them, even without using Duik.

Shape layers are vectors, the puppet tool has been designed to be used on pixels ;)

rubeniceblink

Post by rubeniceblink » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I allways use Duik with puppet tools over vector layers. Before, since Duik 15.11, included, this option was running great, no need to precomp vector layers.
Example of Duik 15.11 behavior:
Captura3.PNG
After Duik 15.11 all versions are running with problems with shape layers withou precomp.
Example of Duik 15.51 behavior:
Captura1.PNG
Captura2.PNG
All puppet names are different so I really don't know if it's a bug or something with the newest version of after effects but for me it's pitty to precomp all the layers on character. I found that all the puppet positions goes to the center of the comp "960x540" (center comp on HD composition).

Any idea on solving without precomping? In the meantime I will continue to use the 15.11 version.
Thanks a lot!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 am

I'll have a look at this, and what changed between 15.11 and the current version...
Thanks for your feedback

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 pm

fixed in the latest update!

An update of Duik is available: 15.52 fixes some bugs when creating bones on shape layers.
https://rainboxprod.coop/en/tools/duik/

rubeniceblink

Post by rubeniceblink » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 pm

What a great news!!! Duduf you are awesome! I will try next monday, I'm on holidays right now, but... I definitely will give support over indiegogo for Duik 16. I feel indebted to all your work.

Best!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:04 pm

rubeniceblink wrote:What a great news!!! Duduf you are awesome! I will try next monday, I'm on holidays right now, but... I definitely will give support over indiegogo for Duik 16. I feel indebted to all your work.
Thanks a lot!

We've closed the crowdfunding campaign for Duik16, but you can still make a donation on our website if you want ;)