This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

[RC2] Your feedback (update 07/01/2018)

Morganimator

Re: [RC1] Your feedback (update 06/24/2018)

Post by Morganimator » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Duduf wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:06 pm This is indeed a bug, I saw something like this in the ealry stages of development of Duik Bassel, but with standard IK, not Bezier.
Could you send me the project file so I can test?
Sure thing. I didn't have the original file, but I quick threw this one together so you can test it out. I just tested this version, and it's doing the same weird thing:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwxwKK ... sp=sharing

Also, I have one more small suggestion:
How about adding automatic scale "lock" on the structures just like you have on the controllers? I'm finding that I'm occasionally scaling rather than moving structures when I'm click and dragging on them.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate all your hard work on this!

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Duduf wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:08 pm Oh, I'm sorry, this meant this problem would be fixed only public versions... The issue will remain for all rigs created with the Alphas (but not the Beta nor the release candidate)
Great, thanks! Just wanted to be clear on that.
:)

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:01 pm

The Spine issue is fixed ;)

I had to add a new controller at the root of Bezier IK, to handle it the same way as in Duik 15, to avoid some kind of "circular reference" in the expressions.

I'll post an update tomorrow

Duduf

Re: [RC2] Your feedback (update 07/01/2018)

Post by Duduf » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:04 am

The second release candidate is available, with a lot of fixes!

More details and download: http://rainboxprod.net/wp/16-0-0-rc2/

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Awesome, thanks Nicolas!

Will be trying this out today and all this week...

M

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi Nicolas!

So I've run across another little bug:

When doing a "manual" 2 layer IK rig, Duik will freeze on the "Magic is Happening" comp if there are any bones or artwork layers parented to the structures. You have to make sure nothing is parented to the structures (aside from their child structures of course) before running the script and then it works OK.

Hope this is an easy fix! :)

OH, Important clarification: This only happens with a 2 layer IK with NO Goal layer - i.e. when you select just a controller at the end structure of a 2 part structure and then the two main structure layers (see attached image). A 2 layer IK WITH goal layer - like an arm with a hand, it works fine even if there are other layers parented to the structure.
2LayerIKNoGoal.png

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Found some other very small issues with the "guides" on IK chains:

- When auto-rigging a leg, no "guide" is drawn even though the "display guides" checkbox is on. Turning it on or off does nothing.

- When auto-rigging a spine (which works great with the bones now ;) ), there is an extra set of controls added to the new "root" controller (which do not appear on a manually rigged Bezier IK), that includes a "display guides" checkbox which does nothing. The regular "display guides" checkbox under "Bezier IK" on the curve controller works fine, but it might be a tad confusing to have the extra one that doesn't do anything...

Overall, aside from the 2 layer IK freezing up thing I mentioned in my previous post, everything's working great.

I'd still love to see scale locks on the structures, though. ;)

Thank you!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Morganimator wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:58 pm When doing a "manual" 2 layer IK rig, Duik will freeze on the "Magic is Happening" comp if there are any bones or artwork layers parented to the structures. You have to make sure nothing is parented to the structures (aside from their child structures of course) before running the script and then it works OK.
I've recently fixed something like that, which was due to locked children layers. Can you confirm your bug happens only when the children are locked? If affirmative, this means it's fixed for the public release ;)

Morganimator wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 pm - When auto-rigging a leg, no "guide" is drawn even though the "display guides" checkbox is on. Turning it on or off does nothing.
I'm aware of this one, but it's stupidly complicated to solve ;) I'm going to fix this later, when higher priorities are finished ;)
Morganimator wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 pm - When auto-rigging a spine (which works great with the bones now ;) ), there is an extra set of controls added to the new "root" controller (which do not appear on a manually rigged Bezier IK), that includes a "display guides" checkbox which does nothing. The regular "display guides" checkbox under "Bezier IK" on the curve controller works fine, but it might be a tad confusing to have the extra one that doesn't do anything...
Thanks, I'll fix this today before the public release of tomorrow!

I'm listing all the fixes there, as always: https://github.com/Rainbox-dev/DuAEF_Du ... -Changelog (and there are a lot of them)

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Morganimator wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 pm I'd still love to see scale locks on the structures, though. ;)
Will be done tomorrow too, I promise ;)

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Duduf wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:07 pm I've recently fixed something like that, which was due to locked children layers. Can you confirm your bug happens only when the children are locked? If affirmative, this means it's fixed for the public release ;)
:!: Yes, it only happens when the layers are locked! I never noticed that...
:roll:

Glad that's already fixed! ;)
Duduf wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:07 pm I'm aware of this one, but it's stupidly complicated to solve ;) I'm going to fix this later, when higher priorities are finished ;)
That makes sense, this is definitely a low priority issue.

Excited for the public release tomorrow! :D