This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

[RC2] Your feedback (update 07/01/2018)

vtolentino

Re: [Alpha10] Your feedback (update 06/03/2018)

Post by vtolentino » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello,

I am excited to test Alpha10 of Duik Bassel! However, I came across this bug when I tried to open the Duik Bassel panel. Please see my screenshot below.
Alpha10 Script Panel Error.png
After clicking "OK", I only see a blank Duik panel.

I am working on a Mac desktop (my OS is High Sierra 10.13.5) with Adobe After Effects CC2018. I am wondering if this is a known error with Alpha10, as I currently cannot find a way to fix it. I would really appreciate the help if anybody knows how to fix the error!

Thank you! :D

rickswah

Post by rickswah » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm

[Motion trail] Suggestion:
first of all, this is a really powerful and handful tool for animation! really really good!

here's some suggestions to improve it:
- Add the option to show the current frame position, it may be an square with a different color, anything to help to see where's the current position of the object
- Add the option to show the current frame number
- Not sure if that's really possible, but have the track to not only show the linear path between the keys

keep it up!
thank you for this awesome tool

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 am

I'm back!

Let's reply to all your great feedback ;)
Morganimator wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pmyou could make your own controller(s) when you make the structures, and then include that/those controller(s) in the selection, and then the auto rig could use that/those controllers instead of the default icons?
I've thought about this and searching for a way to implement it without breaking everything ;) Maybe it will be available in a future update!
Morganimator wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm I accidentally hit the "Auto Rig" button without having selected the structure layers first. Duik made the "Magic is happening" comp and then just froze.
This should be fixed in the update I'm going to give you today ;)
rickswah wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm I can't find the Goal control for the IK, does it was removed or is hidden elsewhere?
I've removed the "goal" button as it was redundant with the new "Orientation constraint" (which is available in standard and expert mode)
Anyway, the way the new autorig works should make the old "IK Goal" button useless ;)
rickswah wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm by creating those bone structures, is possible to directly associate pins/bones with them?
This is a feature I want to add as soon as I have time, in a future update ;) I like super magic ways too ^^
vtolentino wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 pm I am wondering if this is a known error with Alpha10, as I currently cannot find a way to fix it. I would really appreciate the help if anybody knows how to fix the error!
Sorry for this! seems you've found an unknown bug. I'm currently working on fixing issues in Mac OS, I'll have a look at that today.
rickswah wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm - Add the option to show the current frame position, it may be an square with a different color, anything to help to see where's the current position of the object
- Add the option to show the current frame number
- Not sure if that's really possible, but have the track to not only show the linear path between the keys
- Good idea, listed for a future update
- Why not, but I'd like to avoid adding text layers, this may be a bit complicated...
- It's already possible, chaging the interpolation in the effect, but be careful, this may impact performance a lot ;)

Duduf

Re: [RC1] Your feedback (update 06/24/2018)

Post by Duduf » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Howdy!

Duik Bassel Release Candidate is available for you to download!

A release candidate means that if everything works as expected, it will be the same version which will be publicly released very soon.

You can spread the word: Duik Bassel will be publicly released on July, 9th :D

It will be available on https://rainboxprod.coop like previous versions.

New in this version

There's no new feature, but a bunch of small improvements and some bugfixes, thanks to your feedback:
  • Extract controllers works better
  • You have the option to use nulls instead of shape layers as controllers
  • The UI has been tweaked to be near perfection (I hope so)
  • The help panel now includes a News section to let us keep in touch ;) It is opened at startup, but this can be deactivated in the settings if you prefer.
For a detailed list of changes in this version, read the changelog.

Don't forget there's a wiki with a comprehensive user guide to help you to learn Duik.
Well... The user guide is not comprehensive yet, but it's my mission before the public release of Duik: I have to finish to write it!
Like for Duik 15, there will be a nice color-printed version you can buy, and we're going to make new official tutorials too!

Duik Bassel will also be translated to French and probably to Spanish before its release.

Download!

Here are the two links to get this Release Candidate:

Windows
Installation: Unzip and copy all the files to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels"

Mac OS
Installation: Unzip and copy all the files to "/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels"

Cheers!

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Yay!

Thanks Nicolas, this is exciting! :!:

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm

So far everything's working great!

Quick question:

You've said before that trying to use a newer alpha version of Duik Bassel with rigging created with an earlier alpha version will cause crashes, but that this will be fixed with the final version.

Does that mean the final release version will work OK with rigging created with the earlier Alphas? Or just that going forward future versions will work with rigging created with that first release version?

Thanks!

Morganimator

Re: Major issue with spinal autorig!

Post by Morganimator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm running into a major issue with the spinal autorigging.

I've tried it before without parenting the bones from the puppet tool on the torso to the structure, and it appears to work just fine.

But I've just been working with it now and actually going all the way through parenting the bones to the structure and I'm coming across a very strange problem:

- If the torso layer's visibility is turned off, and you move any of the controllers, the rigging on the spinal structure and the position of the bones works just fine.
- But if the torso layer's visibity is turned on, the spinal structure bends is weird ways and moves the bones with it. As soon as you click off the visiblity of the torso layer, it structure and bones snap right back to where they should be. I've attached some screencaps showing what happens with a small movement of the Body controller to the left. In the first image, you can see the distortion of the structures, bones, and therefore the image of the torso, in the second image, the only difference is that the visibility of the torso is turned off, and you can see that the spine has straightened out, and so have the bones. Strange!

- It doesn't matter if the visibilty is turned off and on with the main eyeball switch on the layer, or a solo button.
- It doesn't matter if the puppet tool is using the Advanced or Legacy engine.
- When I rig the spine "manually" - which I actually prefer so i have chest and pelvis control rather than neck/shoulder and pelvis (Bezier IK between spine 3 structure - I like 3 spines - and spine 1 structure, so spine 3 is the "chest", spine 1 & 2 the "belly" controlled by the bezier curve controller, then I just put an angle control for the neck on the chest controller) - everything works just fine.

Any clue what's causing this? Can someone else test this out?

BTW, I'm using Ae CC2018 on a Mac OS 10.11.6

Thanks!
TorsoVizOn.png
TorsoVizOff.png
Last edited by Morganimator on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morganimator

Re: Major issue with spinal autorig! UPDATE

Post by Morganimator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 pm

OK, I was able to get this to work, but I had to parent most of the bones to the controllers rather than to the structure.

Nicolas, was this what you intended for the autorigged spine? Or is this a bug? Usually, we're parenting artwork or bones directly to structures, yes?

So I parented all the bones to the corresponding controllers except for the hip and spine 1 bones and the rig now works as one would expect.

Very curious if this was planned that way or something that's not working right.

Thanks again!

Overall, everything is working great!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Morgan,

This is indeed a bug, I saw something like this in the ealry stages of development of Duik Bassel, but with standard IK, not Bezier.

Could you send me the project file so I can test?

If I remember correctly, this was due to the order of the evaluations of the expressions, which changes depending on visible layers... It should be fixable quickly !

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Morganimator wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm So far everything's working great!

Quick question:

You've said before that trying to use a newer alpha version of Duik Bassel with rigging created with an earlier alpha version will cause crashes, but that this will be fixed with the final version.

Does that mean the final release version will work OK with rigging created with the earlier Alphas? Or just that going forward future versions will work with rigging created with that first release version?

Thanks!
Oh, I'm sorry, this meant this problem would be fixed only public versions... The issue will remain for all rigs created with the Alphas (but not the Beta nor the release candidate)