This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

[RC2] Your feedback (update 07/01/2018)

Duduf

Re: [Alpha9] Your feedback (update 04/29/2018)

Post by Duduf » Thu May 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks, I'll have a look at that and see what can be done to prevent the issue (or report a bug to the Adobe staff ;) )

Duduf

Re: [Alpha10] Your feedback (update 06/03/2018)

Post by Duduf » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Here's the 10th and last Alpha version of Duik Bassel (16)!

You can download and install it right away.

Unzip the files to the folder:
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels" on Windows,
"/Applications/Adobe After Effects/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/" on Mac

There are two files, Duik, of course, and ffmpeg which is needed by the latest features added in Duik. Note that this ffmpeg file is only for windows, you can ignore it on Mac (yes, this means some features won't work on Mac yet, sorry!)

What's new ?

A lot of things, actually!
The detailed list is available there: https://github.com/Rainbox-dev/DuAEF_Du ... -Changelog

In a few words, here are my favorites:
  • The contextual help panel will explain you how to use the tools. Just click the "?" button in Duik, or Shift+Click any tool to open it.
    Note that only a few tools are documented right now, but everything will be completed before Duik Bassel will be released to the public.
  • The animation blender is a simple yet awesome tool to trigger animations using markers! I love it, and it is explained in the new contextual help.
  • I have added some useful predefined behaviors to the 2D Camera, to quickly animate shoulder cameras or camera shakes.
  • I have re-implemented the Export to Audition tool from Duik 15, and it now exports keyframes on audio levels too! (This is the feature which won't work as it should on Mac yet: transcoding is available only on Windows for now)
  • Thanks to your feedback, there's a bunch of improvements and bugfixes too ;)
And next?

Almost every features have been implemented.

This means we're going to Beta test in June, and I hope to release Duik Bassel by the end of the month, or maybe early July.

I'll be giving the first Beta to the people I meet at the Annecy Festival next week, and to you of course.

This means we have the month to fix any bug we can find (especially on Mac), finish writing the documentation, and translate Duik in French, at least.

I'll record new tutorials with this version in September and the following months, after some vacations I really need in August. I'll be happy to give these tutorials to you, and all the people who already bought the video course of Duik 15.

benobeone

Post by benobeone » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Awesome! Thank you.
Did you ever find anything out about the display issues with puppet pins and the new advanced feature?

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Yay! Thanks Duduf. Will be starting to play around with this today!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:57 pm

benobeone wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:11 pm Awesome! Thank you.
Did you ever find anything out about the display issues with puppet pins and the new advanced feature?
Not yet, I've not been able to reproduce the issue here, I'll try on a mac soon to see if there's any difference...

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Really enjoying Alpha10 so far! The "Baking" feature is really nice for improving performance and cleaning up the effects controls...

I'm overall so impressed by how well auto rigging is working in general - it practically makes "manual" rigging obsolete except in really special cases - but I've got one request/suggestion: would it be possible to make it so the user could choose the controller icons with auto rigging? Like maybe you could make your own controller(s) when you make the structures, and then include that/those controller(s) in the selection, and then the auto rig could use that/those controllers instead of the default icons?

Thanks for all your hard work on this, have fun at Annecy!

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Hello! I ran into a very small issue with Alpha10:

It was actually a mistake I made, but I think Duik could have responded to it better...

I accidentally hit the "Auto Rig" button without having selected the structure layers first. Duik made the "Magic is happening" comp and then just froze. After that, I had to delete the "Magic is happening" comp and restart Ae to get the auto rigger to work again.

Maybe if there could just be an error message rather than the process starting and then stalling so a restart wouldn't be necessary...? Since other users are bound to make similar mistakes. ;)

Thanks! Overall Alpha 10 is working great!!

rickswah

Post by rickswah » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello, I finally was able to test out this script and some stuff are really neat!

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or that's not available anymore, but I can't find the Goal control for the IK, does it was removed or is hidden elsewhere?

Another question, by creating those bone structures, is possible to directly associate pins/bones with them? I tried to select the pin and then the part of the structure I wanted to connect and hit the Create Bone button, but it just created a bone for the pin (as expected, but I was just trying to figure out if there was a way)

thank you very much for this awesome script! keep it up :D

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:45 pm

rickswah wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm Another question, by creating those bone structures, is possible to directly associate pins/bones with them? I tried to select the pin and then the part of the structure I wanted to connect and hit the Create Bone button, but it just created a bone for the pin (as expected, but I was just trying to figure out if there was a way)
You just need to parent the bone layers to the structure layers. Easy peasy! :)

rickswah

Post by rickswah » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 am

Morganimator wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:45 pm You just need to parent the bone layers to the structure layers. Easy peasy! :)
well, that's what I thought too! I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't any other super magic way to associate the pins with that structure without the need to create the bones haha