This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

[RC2] Your feedback (update 07/01/2018)

Duduf

[RC2] Your feedback (update 07/01/2018)

Post by Duduf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Current version: Duik 16.0.0 - Release Candidate 2 (01/07/2018)

I'm very pleased to give you the release candidate version of Duik!

Installation
Here's the links to get this Release Candidate:
http://rainboxprod.net/wp/16-0-0-rc2/

To get more informations about what's new in Duik16 and in this new version, read the wiki on Github!

If you're new to Duik16, you may read the list of new features already implemented since Duik15. This list is going to evolve in the next days/weeks as we are currently implementing a lot of new tools.

benobeone

Re: [Alpha] Download and test Duik now!

Post by benobeone » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Amazing thank you. can this be used alongside an existing Duik installation or will that create problems?

Nico Palmier

Post by Nico Palmier » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am

Hi,
The function for copy and paste keyframe does'nt work.
Or i don't know use it

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 am

benobeone wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am Amazing thank you. can this be used alongside an existing Duik installation or will that create problems?
You can use it alongside an older Duik without any problem. It's actually what I advise to do in case some tools don't work properly in Duik 16 yet (which is highly probable to be the case ;) )

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:39 am

Nico Palmier wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am Hi,
The function for copy and paste keyframe does'nt work.
Or i don't know use it
It should work, you just have to select keyframes, hit copy, and then click on paste to paste the keyframes at the current time.
If it doesn't, maybe you've found a bug or a property which is not supported (yet) by the tool. Maybe you tried with keyframes in the content in a shape layer? I'm not sure those work properly yet.
Try with some standard layer transforms, position, rotation or scale, or opacity, and let me know if it works!

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 pm

This is so exciting! I've only been playing around with this for a few minutes and I'm already in love with v16! :D

The "structures" are amazing...thank you Duduf!

One small suggestion: it would be cool if the controllers automatically had locked scale properties. I always lock the scale of controllers as there's nothing more annoying than grabbing a controller too close to the corner or edge and having it scale instead of move, right?

If not automatically locking them all the time, at least a preference to lock them automatically would be awesome.

I'm gonna go play some more...

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback :)

Yes, I think it's something I'm going to do quickly, lock scale on controllers, and on Structures too... This is soooooo annoying in AE!

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm having so much fun with v16! It's really so much easier to work with overall. And as a teacher, it's going to be much easier to teach. The structures make what's actually happening with the rigging so much clearer. I think it's also going to be a good place to start for students that want to begin with 2D rigging and then move into 3D rigging eventually since it's so much more similar.

I had just a couple questions:

- When using the bezier IK, I like that there's the option to check off "Draw guides" on the "Curve" controller. But when I click that option, it turns off the two guide dots, but turns on a single guide dot right over the "curve" control (see attached). Is there a way to turn off that guide as well? It isn't affected by any of the "Icon" controls...
Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 9.31.30 AM.png
- Since that "curve" controller is just a position control, maybe the icon should be the "position only" icon rather than the position/rotation icon? Is there a way to choose which icon is created when adding the bezier IK?

Thanks again so much for all of your hard work! DUIK was already a revelation for those of us who use Ae for character animation, v16 is really raising the bar and IMHO makes Ae a really viable tool for character work. Bravo!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Many thanks for your feedback!
Morganimator wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pmAnd as a teacher, it's going to be much easier to teach. The structures make what's actually happening with the rigging so much clearer. I think it's also going to be a good place to start for students that want to begin with 2D rigging and then move into 3D rigging eventually since it's so much more similar.
This is exactly what I intended when developping these structures, so I'm glad it works :)
I'm from 3D animation, and today it seems logical Duik evolved this way, although I did not plan all those features at all!
Morganimator wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pm- When using the bezier IK, I like that there's the option to check off "Draw guides" on the "Curve" controller. But when I click that option, it turns off the two guide dots, but turns on a single guide dot right over the "curve" control (see attached). Is there a way to turn off that guide as well? It isn't affected by any of the "Icon" controls...
It seems like a bug, I'll have a look at this!
By the way, did you notice you can double-click the guide dots to move them and adjust the curve with more precision? (and draw an S)
I have to find a way to make this a bit more obvious!
Morganimator wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pm- Since that "curve" controller is just a position control, maybe the icon should be the "position only" icon rather than the position/rotation icon? Is there a way to choose which icon is created when adding the bezier IK?
It's something I noticed and changed just today!
A way to choose the icon of the controllers when adding IK is to manually create the controller and include it in the layers selection when adding the IK, this way Duik will use the already existing controller instead of creating a new one.
BUT this won't work with this "curve" controller for bezier IK (yet)
Maybe it could be a good feature to be able to change/add/remove the icon of a controller after creation. I'll think about this.

Once again, thanks for the kind words and the feedback!

Morganimator

Post by Morganimator » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Duduf wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm It seems like a bug, I'll have a look at this!
By the way, did you notice you can double-click the guide dots to move them and adjust the curve with more precision? (and draw an S)
I have to find a way to make this a bit more obvious!
That's great! I will try that.
Duduf wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm It's something I noticed and changed just today!
Awesome!
Duduf wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm A way to choose the icon of the controllers when adding IK is to manually create the controller and include it in the layers selection when adding the IK, this way Duik will use the already existing controller instead of creating a new one.
Good to know!
Duduf wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm BUT this won't work with this "curve" controller for bezier IK (yet)
Maybe it could be a good feature to be able to change/add/remove the icon of a controller after creation. I'll think about this.
I think it would be fine if the "curve" control was just the "position only" icon. But flexibility with icon choice/adding/removing, etc. would be cool.

Any chance that you could update the link above with your most recent version with some of these fixes? : )

Thank you!!