This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

[UI] New User Interface

Duduf

[UI] New User Interface

Post by Duduf » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm

We're working on the new UI of Duik

Here's a preview!
Do not hesitate to post your thoughts/requests/questions.

What we want to achieve, is to make Duik easier to use, more friendly, but with a smaller UI (the game is to make it smaller than the "character" panel)!

We worked a lot on user experience, as you can see, to try to enable users to work faster, with a UI more intuitive and easy to understand.

With this new version of Duik, the difference between the expert mode and the standard mode will be way bigger, although I think the expert mode is more intuitive and clearer than in previous versions.

This is the new "Structures" panel (newfeature) in its standard version
16Alpha_Structures_standard.PNG
and its expert version
16Alpha_Structures_standard.PNG
You can see new grey "+" buttons, something new in the user experience of Duik16: most of the buttons now work in a single click, automatically. A lot of work has been done to create "smart" algorithms, to make Duik "intelligent" a do stuff in a single click, without too many options.
This new "+" button is there when hidden options are available, so that power users can work under the hood.

This is the "Constraints" panel, which has most of the rigging tools, as long as a lot of new stuff... !
standard
16Alpha_Links_standard.PNG
expert
16Alpha_Links_expert.PNG

Last but not least, the "Animation" pane has been revamped too.
standard
16Alpha_Anim_standard.PNG
expert
16Alpha_Anim_expert.PNG
I hope this teases you ;)

Duduf

Re: [UI] Preview of the new User Interface

Post by Duduf » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm

And some comparisons with Duik15
16Alpha_Links_comparison.PNG
16Alpha_Autorig_comparison.PNG
16Alpha_Animation_comparison.PNG

benobeone

Post by benobeone » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:17 am

Looks great, I would only ask that it be as flexible as possible when it comes to resizing and positioning within the work space which I imagine it already is.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes
I think with the new "expert mode" and the standard mode should allow everyone to find the right place for Duik in their workspace. Anyway, redesigning the UI from scractch makes it way better than the current Duik15 ui, especially fixing some margins problems which prevent the current version from resizing correctly to small sizes.

Soon there will be a version you can install and test, without all the features but with the full UI anyway ;)

Duduf

Re: [UI] New User Interface

Post by Duduf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:38 am

I've been improving the UI a bit more recently, here's a new screenshot:
16_Links and constraints.PNG