This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

BUG Bones get moved to the comp center

Maui

BUG Bones get moved to the comp center

Post by Maui » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 am

Hey,
I think I found a Bug in Duik but I'm not 100% sure.

It seems that everytime I try to rig an illustrator file I brought in via the normal file importer (ctrl+I) using the Composition Retain-Layer SIze setting that Duik has some problems.

I have made 3 screenshot showing what I mean. After importing the file I placed 3 pins on an arm
1_Duik_pins placement.png
and after I hit the create bones button in Duik all get moved to the center of the comp
2_Duik_bug.png
If I however copy the illustrator art after I imported it from the automatically created comp into a new comp with exactly the same dimensions,... of the imported one everything works fine
3_Duik_newCompinAFX.png
I mean this isn't to much of a workflow hit but I guess it could be interessting for some others as well and maybe the developers can find a way to kill this bug 8-)

Best regards

Duduf

Re: BUG Bones get moved to the comp center

Post by Duduf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm going to run some tests to see what's going wrong, can you send me the illustrator file you used in this example?

Can you tell me also which version of After Effects you're using?
Thanks!

wesbot333

Post by wesbot333 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 am

Hi Duduf. :)

Been having the same problem for weeks now.
bugReport01.png
bugReport02.png
I've read from github and other forums about switching Collapse Transform on the layer, but it hasn't removed the bug. My file is a psd; everything rasterized. Running latest DuIK. CC 2017, if that helps.

Edit:
Can confirm, making new comp with the same exact settings and copying layers there removes bug. Simply duplicating the imported comp doesn't fix it. Bones will create on center again.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am

That's very weird, and it seems you've found a bug in After Effects or Duik. Can you send me the PSD to investigate?

Thanks!

Marcba

Post by Marcba » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi,

same problem with .ai files. I'm using AE 13.5.0.347 and Duik 15.11.

Hope you find the solution, anyway, thanks for your work on this!

Marc

LilPeanutBrotha

Post by LilPeanutBrotha » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:50 pm

Just wanted to chime in, that this started happening to me too, Also using PSD assets, on CC2017. I just did a test with a new comp and solids, and there was no issue. Then I looked at my comp browser; I had another precomp with the same name as my troubled one. When I renamed that, it was fixed!

Try that if you haven't!

PS: Thanks so much for making DUIK, it's life changingly good, and we use it all the time at my office here, key part of my workflow. Keep up the good work!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks for your feedback, this issue has been fixed, and will be available in the next update, in a few days.

BTW, be careful to not have several comps with the same names when using expressions/rigging with Duik ;)

Maui

Post by Maui » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Sorry I didn't see that there were answers to my initial post. Do you still need my illustrator files to see what was going on after the file import using the retain layer size option or is this also solved?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi,

All issues that appeared after importing a PSD/AI or any other file were because of composition names (according to what I've found so far)
And all of those should be fixed when you use Duik in the most standard ways.
In any other case, just make sure you don't have comps sharing the same name.

Duik 16 will include some tools to automatically check layer and composition names to fix this kind of issue.

2biasmotion

Post by 2biasmotion » Tue May 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Having the same issue when using shape layers. Tried to pre-compose the shape layer and that fixed the issue.

Not sure if it's simply an issue when using a shape layer?