This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Renaming Bones

sundaytim

Renaming Bones

Post by sundaytim » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi,
I started a project in After Effects CC 2015 and I was able to rename bones once I created them. I now get error messages when I try to do this. I have also tried naming the puppet pins first and it still gives an error.

Oh and tried renaming the expressions and this doesn't help either :(

I have sadly updated to CC 2015.3... and I'm on a Mac.

Is there any thing I can do?

Many Thanks

Tim

thecrystaljoy

Re: Renaming Bones

Post by thecrystaljoy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm having the same issue and am also on 2015.3 on Mac. If someone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

My work around is just not naming the bones and placing each body part into a pre comp, which is a huge pain but the only thing that's working and I need to get this project finished by tonight.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi,

I think this is a known bug with Mac OSX Sierra, see this post : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52

If AE is not updated soon, I'll try to post my own fix in the next version of Duik.

sundaytim

Post by sundaytim » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:57 am

Thank you for the response.
Fingers crossed they do sort the issues out.

Many thanks

Tim

demomode

Post by demomode » Tue May 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi! Is this problem solved already?
I get the same error when i try to rename the bones already created. It cannot modify the expression on the pins to relate to the new bones names.
I have la last version of Duik and a up to date version of After effects.

Thank you.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi,

This should be fixed by now.

No problem here on CC2017.2

Be careful to not have two bones or more with the same name, this may be the issue.
Can you make a screen capture or send the aep if you still have some problems?

Anyway, the best practice is to rename the puppet pins before creating the bones, and never rename the bones themselves ;)