This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

IK not working

darwinroell

IK not working

Post by darwinroell » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi, congratulations on your product is great! I just upgraded to version 15.11, and I'm working on an animation, I created the controller leg, and want to create the IK, after following the order one by one until the controller and click on the IK button, it seems not appear and operate the button. the controller does not work.

darwinroell

Re: IK not working

Post by darwinroell » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:53 pm

darwinroell wrote:Hi, congratulations on your product is great! I just upgraded to version 15.11, and I'm working on an animation, I created the controller leg, and want to create the IK, after following the order one by one until the controller and click on the IK button, it seems not appear and operate the button. the controller does not work.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi,

Did you click on the "create" on the next panel, with the two options (3-layer or 2-layer+goal)?

If you did and it didn't work, did Duik or After Effects show any error message?

If there's no message but the tools do nothing, can you enable javascript debugging in the preferences of After Effects and post here a screenshot of the window shown when using Duik, if there is any.

darwinroell

Post by darwinroell » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks for answering!

The answer to your questions:
1) yes I did, yes i press Create
2) did not show any error message,
simply did nothing.
3) I activated the Debug preferences after effects and I went back to press Create IK, the result will sent it on a screen shot attached.

Help me I'm stopped in the animation to the IK to work.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:16 am

It seems this is CS6 on Mac.

It's the same issue as in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24

You should install Duik again, it may fix the problem. If it does not, donwload the zip archive and install it manually (the instructions are in the user guide)

markfrancombe

Post by markfrancombe » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:45 pm

HI!!

Im wondering if I have the same problem...
After selecting the bones Ankle Knee Hip and then the controller for that leg, I Click IK and I get a pop up saying
Select the bones and the controller before creating IK...
... but isnt that what I just did?

Mark

mcjammycustard

Post by mcjammycustard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi, firstly I want to say thanks for such a great tool.

I use it for most of my projects, which is why I'm getting in touch now.
Since updating to 15.11, DUIK has stopped working for me.
I've tried rolling back to an earlier version and I've tried reinstalling using both the Mac Installer and Manually methods.

Here is a screenshot of what happens after I use the Auto-Rig.
All I've got at the moment is the DUIK interface which doesn't do anything anymore.
https://postimg.org/image/x1w5hpiyl/

Any help would be most appreciated!

mcjammycustard

Post by mcjammycustard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Update:

I used DUIK installed on my macbook to rig my character. I opened the file again on my iMac (which is where the problem lies).
Good news is that the character is now rigged, however it gave me a warning that bits were missing.

Any ideas how to fix this?
https://postimg.org/image/tek2sn3z7/

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:55 pm

markfrancombe wrote:HI!!

Im wondering if I have the same problem...
After selecting the bones Ankle Knee Hip and then the controller for that leg, I Click IK and I get a pop up saying
Select the bones and the controller before creating IK...
... but isnt that what I just did?

Mark
Hi,
this doesn't seem to be the same problem; can you open a new thread, and provide more details, like the version of After Effects and of your OS, maybe some screenshots?
mcjammycustard wrote:Update:

I used DUIK installed on my macbook to rig my character. I opened the file again on my iMac (which is where the problem lies).
Good news is that the character is now rigged, however it gave me a warning that bits were missing.

Any ideas how to fix this?
https://postimg.org/image/tek2sn3z7/
It seems the "presetEffect.xml" file on your iMac is broken. The simplest way to fix this is to get the one from the macBook and copy it to replace the one on the iMac.

Don't worry, even if there are warnings when you open the character on the iMac, the rig should work well.

mcjammycustard

Post by mcjammycustard » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:37 am

Hi, sorry I didn't reply sooner.
But just want to confirm that replacing the PresetEffects.xml from my Macbook fixed it.
Thanks!