This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Ik causes Duik to freeze

ahong

Ik causes Duik to freeze

Post by ahong » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:22 am

I'm currently having trouble with the IK function. Currently on my character I am able to convert two of the controllers into IK's easily. But the moment I attempt to do so with the upper limbs, my Duik extension freezes: This time watch icon comes up and sits idle.

I can get out by pressing escape and it cancels the command, but I'm still not able to convert my controllers and bones into the IK I need. I've never had this issue before, so IDK what to do. any advice? I tried on multiple versions of AE and DUIK all with the same problem.

How come I was able to easily convert my bones/controllers from the legs? But the moment I touch the upper limbs, DUIK freaks out??

thanks

Duduf

Re: Ik causes Duik to freeze

Post by Duduf » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi,

This is weird...

Could you enable javascript debugging in the preferences of After Effects, and tell me what happen when you try to create IK after that?

Also... Update Duik to the latest version, this may solve the issue ;)

Halorn

Post by Halorn » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello there, I have literally the same problem. I set up duik 4 days ago and activated java debug but it did not help.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi,

The new version of Duik will be released on July, 9th ;)

I think it should fix a lot of issues like this one...

Halorn

Post by Halorn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:28 am

Ah that's good news. Thank you for duik and fast reply :)