This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

"Error Writing File" When Opening Duik in AE CS6

vtolentino

"Error Writing File" When Opening Duik in AE CS6

Post by vtolentino » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Hello,

I downloaded Duik today with the Mac Installer, but noticed after I installed it I got this error at the end:

"========= WARNING ===========
(ffmpeg) subfolder could not be created in /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels"

I saw this topic on another thread in the forum, but unfortunately, the link to fix this issue does not exist anymore. (It was a Github.com link for the icons, but now there's a 404 error when I visit the link.)

I am not sure if this problem is related to the one I have now: every time I want to load Duik onto After Effects CS6, I get these error boxes popping on my screen (see screenshot attached).

Does anybody know the solution to fixing these errors?

Thanks so much in advance!

staplesx2

Re: "Error Writing File" When Opening Duik in AE CS6

Post by staplesx2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Same problem here! Wish so bad this would be fixed. Been this way for about a year now. Anyone have any solutions? :x

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi, I'm very sorry,
We're currently very busy finishing the development of the upcoming new version of Duik ; and as it should fix all those issues, we prefer to not fix them in 15 to be able to release 16 quicker.

In a few weeks now, 16 will be out and you'll be able to use a brand new Duik with a LOT of new features, and way easier to use (and install...)

vtolentino

Post by vtolentino » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello Duduf,

Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding this issue. I really appreciate it.

I cannot wait for Duik 16, I am very excited! Will Duik 16 be compatible with Adobe After Effects CS6? :)

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Yes!

Actually, I'm developping with CS6 most of the time, and still use it a lot in production...

There are just some features which needs to use the latest version, but most will work on CS6; and the versions I'd recommend with Duik are CS6 (11.0) and CC (12.0), they are the ones which clearly work the best in terms of performance. For now, all newer versions (CC2014 and up) do have performance issues which prevent us for using in production, at least for animation (it's better for compositing and VFX)

vtolentino

Post by vtolentino » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Great! Thank you for the explanation. :D

I look forward to the release of Duik 16. (I have sent a small donation to Rainbox Productions as thanks for the help!)