This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

ghost character - not displaying - HELP:(

elanor_85

ghost character - not displaying - HELP:(

Post by elanor_85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 pm

I am creating a short animation for my studies (Windows, AE CS6, AI files imported to AE), and when it was 30s long and I have created my character walking by using puppet pins and duik (I used this tutorial: https://youtu.be/NFw8UnOKsbM ), it worked great, everything was perfect, but the next day after opening my project, the character disappeared. The layers, controllers and everything is there but it is not displaying so I am unable to work. Please help, I have 2 weeks to finish this animation.

I tried:
- checking media & disk cache, I cleaned cache
- unclicking the rasterize continously
Nothing worked. Sometimes I could see only the legs or only the body, or it flickered.
The only thing I did was to add null object and make it a parent of the body. After this the legs are back but still there is no body attached. HELP :(((((
1.jpg
2.jpg
cache.jpg

Duduf

Re: ghost character - not displaying - HELP:(

Post by Duduf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi,

If this happened when changing some parenting, it may be that some layers moved far away from the comp ; if you added puppet pins on the body, then some bones, select those layers and zoom out to see if they're somewhere outside of the comp, or temporarily unparent them to check their coordinates, check if it's negative or above the composition size.

elanor_85

Post by elanor_85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Ok, the position of the body is negative, but what should i do? bcs it seems in the right position when i click it.
position.jpg

elanor_85

Post by elanor_85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Maybe the problem is that i haven't created any pins or bones in the body, only the legs. Should I?

elanor_85

Post by elanor_85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 pm

When I add a new body or eye to the comp from the same file, it is not displayed, only the legs are (when i add new ones). I have imported the same AI file to the project and every part of the character is visible in my weird comp. So something is wrong with everything but the legs here.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 am

Yeah, this is very weird, there seems to be some bug in your file, I don't know what could be wrong.

Maybe you could just try to export the AI layers to PNG files, this should get rid of all this kind of issues...

elanor_85

Post by elanor_85 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 am

I have done this all over again but left rasterize continously just before export and worked fine. Well, then eyes disappeared and I had to do them again and I managed to export finally. I think it might be not duik problem but my AE CS6.