This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Bones are offset from the layer

petit_croissant

Bones are offset from the layer

Post by petit_croissant » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 am

This happens if I'm working with the .AI layers set to "Continuously rasterize" - the bones fall offset somewhere out of frame.

Is it normal and I should avoid switching the rasterising option on?

Another problem is if I create AE shapes from vector layers, the rigging doesn't work either, there is some strange thing looking like alpha masks, limbs disappear. Is Duik only to use with Illustrator files?

Thanks a lot!

Duduf

Re: Bones are offset from the layer

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am

Hi,

This is issue has already been discussed much, and you can find some infos in the FAQ

Please, make some searches before posting your questions to see if it has been already answered.

petit_croissant

Post by petit_croissant » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am

Duduf wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am Hi,

This is issue has already been discussed much, and you can find some infos in the FAQ

Please, make some searches before posting your questions to see if it has been already answered.
Hi Duduf,

Thanks for the reply - I thought the offset was a very narrow question including the shape layers.
This issue I haven't resolved still-

Any thoughts why this happens? This proceeds once I move the main body shape. I am not sure how to paraphrase this for search so posting it here!

Thanks!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Well, as I explained in the FAQ, the puppet tool expects coordinates from a pixel based layer. When using it on a shape layer, the coordinates work differently, and the layer is able to "move behind" the mesh of the puppet tool - display the mesh and you'll see what's going on.
Maybe you can fix this with adjusting the parent of the layer, but the easiest way would be to precompose before using the puppet tool, so it's on a pixel based layer (the precomp itself)