This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

not able to manually install.

perezvila

not able to manually install.

Post by perezvila » Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Hello Duduf. First of all thank you soo much for this amazing AMAZING tool, Duik. I've used it for years, and it's a real game changer.

I just updated to the 15.5 version.
And can't seem to make the ik chain work.
I asked on line, and someone directed me to a post where you mention how some pseudo effects are not installed correctly...
so i followed the steps for re installing the whole thing (manually) but, when i open Ae after that, i don't find the way to "continue" or "next" actually, it's already working (but with the same issues as before)
i read over there a screen capture of the java thing would help... so... I hope this helps... (for you to help me!)
Looking forward to receive your help!

Duduf

Re: not able to manually install.

Post by Duduf » Mon May 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi,

This is a problem with the pseudo effects. Sometimes the file gets corrupted; in this case, the easiest way to fix it is to replace it with a working one, already patched with the Duik effects.

Simply go to this page:
https://github.com/Rainbox-dev/Duik/tre ... setEffects

select the one corresponding to your version, and right click on the "raw" button to save the file to your computer.
Rename it to "PresetEffects.xml" and copy it in your AE folder, replacing the existing one.

Let me know if you still have issues after that ;)

perezvila

Post by perezvila » Mon May 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Works like a million charms! thank you thank you !

Comms.ODCHC

Post by Comms.ODCHC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Hello Duduf,

Thank you for this great tool! Unfortunately I encountered a similar issue to the one perezvila described. When I clicked on the GitHub link you provided, I received a 404 error. Do you still have the patched PresetEffects.xml on GitHub? Is it perhaps in a different location?

Thanks so much!

blue

Post by blue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:47 pm

I'm having the same problem, and I also can't access the link you provided. Can you give us a new link? Thanks!