This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Nulls for Puppet Pins instead of Pin Shapes

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
MikeyLikesIt

Nulls for Puppet Pins instead of Pin Shapes

Post by MikeyLikesIt » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:25 pm

How can I set Duik to create Null bones for puppet pins instead of the pin shape? The previous version allowed this and I prefer it to the pin shape. But I can't find an option to change this. Thanks.

Duduf

Re: Nulls for Puppet Pins instead of Pin Shapes

Post by Duduf » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi,

I've decided to remove the option as very few people were using it, and to make Duik easier to maintain.

Let me know why would you prefer nulls, to fulfill what needs? So I may be able to improve how the current bones work.

MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:21 pm

It's just what I'm used to working with. It's not a big deal, I'll probably prefer the pin shapes once I'm used to them. Thanks!

bakoro7

Post by bakoro7 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Duduf wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:45 pm Hi,

I've decided to remove the option as very few people were using it, and to make Duik easier to maintain.

Let me know why would you prefer nulls, to fulfill what needs? So I may be able to improve how the current bones work.
I like more nulls instead of the shape because is less resource demanding for my computer, the default shapes are too heavy and more if you are doing a heavy rig

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:54 pm

Once hidden, there's absolutely no difference with nulls.

And even when visible, it does not change much, I could not even measure the difference on my computer. What's heavy is the puppet tool or path expressions. The layers themselves account for nearly nothing compared to these.