This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Duik Bassel - Flip a Structure/Rig

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Ginger O'Toole

Re: Duik Bassel - Flip a Structure/Rig

Post by Ginger O'Toole » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Oh! By the way i tried pre-comping my character rig and flipping that, but you lose all your rigging! If you double click into the pre-comp you are flipped back where you started 😂😥😂🤔

Stoph

Post by Stoph » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:12 pm

That sounds soooooooo long!

ulfstein

Post by ulfstein » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 pm

What I tend to do is to create an Adjustment layer at the very top of the layer stack and apply the Transform effect to this. Then, when you want to flip the rig, turn off "uniform scale" in the effect and set the width to -100. Of course this flips everything below the Adjustment Layer so you may need to manually set the scales of background layers to -100 in order to counter the effect of the above flip.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:27 pm

Or you could just use the "extract controllers" tool (explained in the user guide several times) before animating the character, where you'll just have to flip the character precomp. Nice and easy, and it improves performance!

DanielCS

Post by DanielCS » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 am

I flipped my rigging through the main controller (at the center of the body) and my neck/hips IK are apparently disconnected, the rotation is going in the wrong way.

I've also attached a screenshot down below. How can I fix that?

leastrym

Post by leastrym » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Hi,
Is your controller you flipped a Master controller ? Check if all the controllers which weren't parented to another one before are parented to this one. I suggest you to check again all the parenting you've made, maybe you made parenting mistakes.

nikica

Post by nikica » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:09 pm

ulfstein wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 pm What I tend to do is to create an Adjustment layer at the very top of the layer stack and apply the Transform effect to this. Then, when you want to flip the rig, turn off "uniform scale" in the effect and set the width to -100. Of course this flips everything below the Adjustment Layer so you may need to manually set the scales of background layers to -100 in order to counter the effect of the above flip.

This worked for me. Also for scaling the rig. Thank you :D