This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Misplaced Bones from puppet pins

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Sazarret

Misplaced Bones from puppet pins

Post by Sazarret » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:36 am

Hey, I' having an issue creating bones from puppet pins. I select the recently created pins and for some reason after clicking create bones those are placed way away from the pins, obviously that defeats their porpoise. I'm working with Duik Bassel 16.0.5 over After Effects CC 2015 13.5.0.347.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Duduf

Re: Misplaced Bones from puppet pins

Post by Duduf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:07 am

On what type of layer are you using the puppet tool ?

Shape layer, Ai with continuous rasterization, pixel image... ?

soyvot

Post by soyvot » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:36 pm

I had this happen on a project where I had rotated an arm layer 180 degrees and re-positioned it. I added puppet pins and when the bones were created they showed up pretty far from the pins, even off the layer itself. I recreated my arm layer so they didn't have to be rotated, tried it again and it worked fine. Hope this helps!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Well it does not really help.

As I said, I do need to know what's the type of layer in each case, if it's a shape layer, a layer from illustrator or a pixel layer, and if continuous rasterization is activated.

Katka

Post by Katka » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:42 am

Hello,
I have the same problem. I´m Using Ai layers with continuous rasterization.

Katka

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:10 am

Katka

Post by Katka » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Thank you :)

Sergii Mikhailov

Post by Sergii Mikhailov » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:16 am

Hello. I have a similar problem, but I work with raster layers assembled into precomposition. Unfortunately, the link you posted above does not work anymore. Please tell me where to look for the answer.

leastrym

Post by leastrym » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 am

Sergii Mikhailov wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:16 am Hello. I have a similar problem, but I work with raster layers assembled into precomposition. Unfortunately, the link you posted above does not work anymore. Please tell me where to look for the answer.
Hi, here is the link updated :
https://duik-docs.rainboxlab.org/duik-f ... -activated

Sergii Mikhailov

Post by Sergii Mikhailov » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Hi, leastrym and thanks a lot for the link.
But in my case, I noticed that it is not necessary to put raster layers in precomposition. It is better to make its own set of papet-pins for each layer, add bones to them and then attach these bones to the common rig. Then everything will work correctly ...