This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

walk cycle toward camera

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
mattst

walk cycle toward camera

Post by mattst » Thu May 20, 2021 12:52 pm

Hey there,

Possibly a very simple question here. I'm trying to rig a forward facing character to animate a walk cycle towards camera. Currently trying to reverse the IK of the left leg to have both legs bends facing out. When I adjust the IK the leg is bending in the right way but the foot is still facing the wrong direction? Any suggestions to fix the foot please :)

Cheers,

Matt

Duduf

Re: walk cycle toward camera

Post by Duduf » Fri May 21, 2021 6:07 am

When you need to be able to reverse the leg, I find the easier is to add a second leg designed in the opposite direction. You can rig it, and parent the two leg controllers to animate just one of them, then just switch opacities to reverse the leg.

This way is better than trying to actually reverse a leg, as it's easy and you can have a different design for the twi sides

mattst

Re: walk cycle toward camera

Post by mattst » Fri May 21, 2021 11:52 am

Thanks for the quick response!

That makes a lot of sense, however when I go to add a singular leg the position comes out the same direction as the original two legs, is there something i'm missing?