This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

When using extract controllers on master properties, resulting controllers don't move

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
apples

When using extract controllers on master properties, resulting controllers don't move

Post by apples » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:32 pm

I am generally new to after effects so maybe there's some mistake I'm making there but I've looked for a while and I can't seem to find a fix. Pretty much, whenever I extract controllers it gives me some controllers that don't actually do anything. I tried doing a very basic test arm rig and the same issue happened there. I also updated to the latest duik version. I also can extract controllers with expressions but that scares me a bit because I'm not 100% sure what those extracted controllers do but from what I've seen it looks like they only allow one instance of the extracted controllers and I need multiple compositions to have the moveable controllers or whatever. I can specify further but as I said, I'm new to all of this so if I missed anything and you tell me what I missed I'd be happy to provide information so I can hopefully figure this out.

Duduf

Re: When using extract controllers on master properties, resulting controllers don't move

Post by Duduf » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:22 am

When you extract controllers using master props (which have been renamed essential props lately), you should see a big bunch of these essential/master props on the precomposition layer of the character, with expressions in them, can you check that?

If not can you send me an aep so I can have a look?

Thanks

apples

Re: When using extract controllers on master properties, resulting controllers don't move

Post by apples » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:38 pm

There are tons of things on the layer under "Master Properties" but they're all for arm tip 2 which is the first controller layer I have in the character composition.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:01 am

Looks like a bug, can you send me the aep please?

apples

Post by apples » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:58 pm

Sorry I was unable to respond for a couple days I feel like I've been backed up and this is the first time I remembered to check this. It turned out I just needed to update After Effects, no clue why it helped but it did. Thanks for trying to help but in the end I guess I was just being dumb oof.