This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Auto-renaming bug

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
rosatron

Auto-renaming bug

Post by rosatron » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:21 am

Recently I have noticed that Duik is automatically renaming any project items or layers that share the same name. It does this with no prompting on my behalf - it is a process that just happens in the background, as soon as I open the after effects file.
I understand why it would want to rename layers in a comp where it needs to reference unique names for expressions - but this is definitely not the case!
To make matters worse, each project item it renames counts as a history state, so if it decides to rename 90 of my comps, it takes up 90 of my history states to do it (and it insists on doing it every 2 minutes, even when I revert it back) which makes the file basically unusable.
For my work, it is necessary to have project items with duplicate names. I separate the duplicate comp names via folder. Is there any way I can stop duik from automatically changing all my names?

Duduf

Re: Auto-renaming bug

Post by Duduf » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:35 am

Hi,
Just click on the brain icon at the bottom right of the panel, and you can disable name checks for the current project or globally

rosatron

Re: Auto-renaming bug

Post by rosatron » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:31 am

Wonderful - thank you so much!