This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Duik missing items on the "Links and cont." menu

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Matilde_

Duik missing items on the "Links and cont." menu

Post by Matilde_ » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Hello! I am new to Duik and this may be a stupid question but here we go.

Opening the "Links and constraints" panel I need to click "zero" but there is no option under the voice "parent across comps", all the options below just don't exist.
I downloaded the April 2020 version of Duik so I guess its the latest version. Can you please help me? :(

Gaius

Re: Duik missing items on the "Links and cont." menu

Post by Gaius » Sun May 10, 2020 6:24 am

I am also having this issue. I made sure that my User Interface was set to "Expert" and tried both "Deb & Debug mode" and "Normal", but don't see the Zero button anywhere.
Annotation 2020-05-09 232315.png

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu May 14, 2020 8:21 am

This is not the expert panel.

Have you clicked on "apply changes" or restarted Duik?

Gaius

Post by Gaius » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 am

As you noted, that wasn't the Expert panel. That's why I came to the forum, because my settings for the UI were set correctly.

I restarted After Effects, but it didn't fix it. Then, I tried a few different things (none of which made a difference), and then restarted my computer. Now it's showing up! To be clear, all my settings were correct within Duik. But for whatever reason, I didn't see the correct panel until I restarted my computer.

Not sure why I'd have to do all that, but just happy it works now!

Thanks.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri May 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Hum that's very strange....

Duik stores the settings in your documents folder, do you have some specific configuration, like having this folder synced on a cloud storage, or a network session, something like that?

Gaius

Post by Gaius » Sat May 16, 2020 2:50 am

I'm not aware of any weird settings, but I do leave my computer on for long periods of time and delay system restarts. I assume something else on my computer changed, updated, or was struggling and a restart was necessary. I've never had this issue in the past, for example when updating my Duik installation version. Since I have no recollection of other things going on since my last restart, I'm making the assumption that the issue was there.

If I find out otherwise when messing with settings again, I'll be sure to report it (hopefully with a reproducible example). Thanks again.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am

Ok, Thanks a lot for your feedback!

SOFIA PAPACHRISTOU

Post by SOFIA PAPACHRISTOU » Tue May 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello,
I get exactly the same window as above, missing the rest of the items after PARENT ACROSS COMPS, the zero button included.
I did as suggested, I restarted me computer but I still get the same window.
COULD YOU HELP ME?