This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Had/foot 1/2 switched wtihin DUIK. Controllers attached to wrong structures after auto-rig.

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Apollo del Rio

Had/foot 1/2 switched wtihin DUIK. Controllers attached to wrong structures after auto-rig.

Post by Apollo del Rio » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:03 am

Used Auti-rig/ IK, and it has the bones for leg on L, and leg 2 on right. Same with arms. Arm on L, and Arm2 on R.

No problem... except that when it then built the controllers, they're set to the wrong side in each case.

Not sure if that's the culprit or not, but the rigging is almost ridiculously broken... to the point where it's hard to figure out what it's even TRYING to do whenever I more a controller.

Most likely troubleshooting guesses?

Ditch the rigging and start over?

I followed this tutorial exactly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63vPXJ00r0

Except that I had been watching another one previously that said to place the anchor points of each joint on the exact point using pan behind tool first, so I had already done that. Otherwise, just like the video. Exact layers (I think named properly) perfectly aligned in Illustrator with exact pixel targets for each joint. Just did the hominid structure and auto/rig IK just exactly like in the video, and it's all identical... until I parented the artwork to the bones and tried to move... then noticed the controller names are switched vs bones they are on. Any possibility this is a naming issue?

Apollo del Rio

Re: Had/foot 1/2 switched wtihin DUIK. Controllers attached to wrong structures after auto-rig.

Post by Apollo del Rio » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 am

Wow. Super slow forum.

For future reference: I read through all docs, watched all available vids, etc. Switching the R/L assigned didn't fix. Something went wrong with the auto-rig.

I ended up starting all over with the layers psd and going again... this time without redefining the anchor points, and it worked fine, but before that, I tried going back and resetting all the anchor points to starting defaults... but that wasn't it.

Anyway, working now that I've re-rigged it.

Apollo del Rio

Re: Had/foot 1/2 switched wtihin DUIK. Controllers attached to wrong structures after auto-rig.

Post by Apollo del Rio » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:25 am

Oh, also... it wasn't a naming issue. I didn't rename anything second time around.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:01 am

Hi,

Your issue is weird, and it's hard to tell what might be wrong without more details/screenshots/video recording/sending the aep.
Moving the anchor points before creating the structures should not have any impact, as the layers are just parented to the rig, anything you change on them does not matter...